HARTFORD — Hartford parents can now learn steps they can take early on to save for college, use online financial tools, and how to find and apply for scholarships.
The city of Hartford in partership with other stakeholders will offer the following courses:
· Citizenship Status and Attaining Access to Education- Families will learn how citizen status is not a barrier to educational attainment on any level, elementary school to college. Presented by Stefan Keller, College Access Program Coordinator, Connecticut Students for a Dream.
· Careers in Computer Science – Families will learn how the field of computer science is growing and ways that students can fill the shortage in our labor market. Presented by James Veseskis, Project Coordinator Exploring Computer Science CT.
· College Fair – High school students will have the opportunity to talk with admissions representatives from colleges in the Hartford community, such as Central Connecticut State University and Tunxis Community College
· High School Planning- Middle school students will learn how to apply for the public, magnet, technical, and regional schools.
· Food and refreshments will be provided to those who register
· Childcare available for children 2-years-old and older
· Exciting games and prizes for students!
· Registration is currently open on Eventbrite (deadline for registration is October 21):