HARTFORD — It will be all ‘love’ at the Aug. 2 Wadsworth Atheneum’s Summer Block party : One Love.
From to 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. with Art After Hours, the Atheneum will celebrate the Caribbean with festivities, including
Wadsworth Atheneum Celebrates the Caribbean at Summer Block Party
During First Thursday Art After Hours: One Love
Thursday, August 2, 2012, 5 – 9 pm
Art After Hours: One Love
Celebrate the cultures and flavors of the Caribbean at the Wadsworth Atheneum’s Art After Hours: One Love – summer block party!
• Reggae and calypso music by Anthem and performances by local talent
• Tour by Alyce Perry Englund, Associate Curator of American Decorative Arts: Bitter and Sweet: Decorative Arts and the West Indies Trade
• Caribbean costume parade – join in!
• Body art and tattoos
• Caricatures by cartoonist Joe Young
• Caribbean flag making activity
• Games, including limbo and dominoes
• Caribbean food ($): Patties, coco bread, jerk chicken and rum punch
• Film at 8 pm: Marley
Admission is $5. And Atheneum members enter for free.
August’s Art After Hours is presented in collaboration with the Taste of Caribbean and Jerk Festival: www.tastect.org.
Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art
600 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103
Visit the museum the first Thursday of each month starting at 5 pm for cocktails, appetizers, art activities, music and a film!