WETHERSFIELD – Southwest Connecticut employers are invited to learn more about the Subsidized Training and Employment and Training Program (Step Up) as well as a variety of other hiring and tax incentives designed to benefit their businesses by attending a May 29 conference being held in the Westport Inn Ballroom.
Officials said that the conference aims to target companies of any size that can learn about the opportunities and benefits available to their business, including the wage reimbursement program through Step Up, low interest financing under the Small Business Express Program, assistance on recruitment and business plan development, and tax incentives for equipment upgrades and job creation initiatives.”
Taking place from 8 to 10:30 a.m., the event, begins with networking and light refreshments at 7 a.m. Employers can pre-register online for the conference by visitingwww.StepCT.com or more information can be obtained from Dolores Ryan, BridgeportAmerican Job Center by contacting her at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 455-2602.
Additional conferences, also to be held from 8 to 10:30 a.m., will be offered on the following dates:
- June 3, Progress Square Industrial Park, 32 Valley Street, Bristol
- June 5, Western Connecticut State University, Westside Ballroom, 43 Lake Avenue Extension, Danbury
- June 11, Goodwin College, Main Campus – Auditorium, 1 Riverside Drive, East Hartford
- June 12, University of Connecticut’s Torrington campus, 855 University Drive, Torrington
- June 19, Simsbury High School Auditorium, 34 Farms Village Road, Simsbury
- June 24, Three Rivers Community College, 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich
- A future conference is also being planned for the town of Meriden.