Share |

Categorized | Neighborhood

Budget Talks Continue at City Hall Tonight

HARTFORD — With the city facing a $30 million budget gap, Mayor Eddie A. Perez and the  City Council will continue their open discussions tonight as a part of a series of workshops to reach a consensus budget.

The forum will be held in City Council Chambers on the second floor of  City Hall at 550 Main St. in Downtown Hartford.

The meeting will also air live on Government Cable Access Television Channel 96 and stream live on www.hartford.gov.

In his state of the city address earlier this week, the Mayor said: “Like every urban community across our state and across our great country, Hartford continues to be financially challenged.”

The city’s budget must be approved before June 1. But at least one critic, according to an NPR report, called for the mayor to remove himself from the budget process while he fights for his reputation. The mayor was arrested twice in 2009  for an  alleged quid pro quo deal with a city contractor to work on his kitchen. The trial is scheduled for in April.

City Councilman Ken Kennedy gave an interview to a local radio show, saying “the mayor will be knee-deep in the middle of a trial as we’re going through the budget process.”

Perez was resolved. He said he intends to remain mayor.

Email us: editor@thehartfordguardian.com
LIKE Us on Facebook
Advertise Here
Your SEO optimized title